Tuesday, May 2, 2017

More Wipers on Blue Springs Lake

On Sunday, I was able to meet a few of my students and fly fishing club members at Blue Springs Lake to chase some wipers and white bass.  The conditions seemed right and I was hoping that we might be able to get into some fish on the dam.  The fish DID NOT disappoint.

We caught wipers on 8 weight rods with large (5-6 inches), articulated streamers in olive and white combinations.  The young man with the big wiper and bigger smile caught his 6 pounder on a jerk bait.  Subsequently, the other young man with the largemouth caught his on a jerk bait and it went 4 and 1/2 pounds as well.  Smiles and high fives were plentiful and I am so happy that we were able to share these moments together.  I am also working on a video edit from the day and I hope to release this in the next few days.  I also learned that good video footage comes at the cost of looking like a moron in pictures with fish because you have a camera strapped to your head.  However, I am so happy with the footage that I will put up with the goofy look!















No comments:

Post a Comment