Thursday, March 5, 2020

Joe Cermele’s First Post at The Meateater

Back in February, I posted about an article I found on The Meateater.  It was a humorous but thoughtful article about how fly fishing made a guy a WORSE angler.  You can click here to see that post.  Since then, I have been checking out The Meateater on an almost daily basis.  That's when I know I really like a site's content.  Well low and behold, look who moved from Field & Stream to The Meateater?!?!  My boy Joe Cermele!  I say my boy, but I've only talked to him via Facebook one time...but he was really nice to me!  Anyhow, Joe writes for The Meateater now and I feel like he is going to be able to unleash his humor and creativity more than ever!

His first article displays exactly what I'm talking about!  The title is "Bar Room Banter" Would Quint's Reel Have Cranked in Jaws?"  Need I say more?  No, but here's more.  If you read this, you will undoubtedly learn something about offshore reels that are almost the size of a Toyota Prius wheel.  Like Joe references, you might end up sounding like the smartest guy in the bar if you read this!



Link: https://www.themeateater.com/fish/saltwater/bar-room-banter-would-quints-reel-have-cranked-in-jaws

No comments:

Post a Comment