Friday, March 27, 2020

Meateater Article and a Plea for Rainbow Fly Shop

This article is a reminder about how small businesses like fly shops and guide services are really struggling to generate income right now.  Don't get me wrong, a lot of people are struggling with finances right now, but this focuses on the outdoors industry.  They aren't more important than anyone else but they might hold a special place in your heart.  If you can send some business their way or maybe help them out in other ways, I am sure your efforts would be greatly appreciated.




Link: https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/gear/outdoors-businesses-suffering-and-adapting-amidst-coronavirus-outbreak

On a personal note, I would like to refer you to Rainbow Fly Shop in Independence, Missouri.  It is the only fly shop in the Kansas City, Missouri, area.  Obviously, Kansas City isn't a fly fishing hub or anything so you can understand why it is the only one and why it doesn't have much competition.  With the utmost sincerity, I am asking you with all of my heart, if you have the need or want, to send some business their way.  I am putting my money where my mouth is too.  I just picked up some materials from Matt (store owner) on Wednesday.  I'm also planning on spending a good chunk of my stimulus money there when that money comes rolling in.  There is no walk through service right now but you can give him a call at 816-886-6502.  This is the best way to see what Matt has available and to place and order that you can pick up curbside.  You can also check out the store's Facebook page at the link below.  The shop is located at 4621 Shrank Dr, Independence, MO 64055.

Rainbow Fly Shop Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/rainbowflyshop/

No comments:

Post a Comment