Thursday, February 4, 2021

Lunch Money Variant

A couple of nights ago I sat down at the tying bench and attempted to tie a Lunch Money with the correct materials.  If you read Tuesday's post, you know that I tied this fly with incorrect materials so I felt compelled to redeem myself.  After tying a decent version of the fly, I decided to make a variant of the fly and I'm pretty happy with the results.  I included some white marabou in the tail for bulk.  I also included a white rabbit strip around the shank and the olive rabbit pulled over it "zonker style".  I threw in just a touch of red with the silicon strips as well.  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out and I will be tying a few more of these for sure!  If they prove to be productive, you might just see them in the Etsy store!  I call my variant the Evilized Lunch Money because this is one mean looking fly!







No comments:

Post a Comment