Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Shed Hunting with Mason and Cody


It has become a tradition that my sons and I go shed hunting at least one day a year and it is usually in late February.  Each one of them has found antlers in the past with a little help from dad, but this time, they did all the work and found success on their own.  We hit a couple of conservation areas around the Kansas City area last Saturday and finally had some success late in the day.  The antlers are definitely starting to drop in this area but some of my buddies have reported seeing bucks still holding antlers as well.  It is a great time to hit the woods and fields to find some antlers and other treasures.  I'm not sure who originally made this statement but I believe it with all my heart: "I've never found time spent amongst nature to be a waste of time."  Good luck if you decide to go antler hunting and even if you don't find an antler, you will probably find something that you didn't even know you were looking for!













 

No comments:

Post a Comment