Tuesday, February 2, 2021

My First Attempt Tying the Lunch Money


I've been looking at learning to tie some different streamers lately and when I ran across the Lunch Money yesterday, I had to give it a shot.  It is hailed as an outstanding smallmouth fly in the Ozarks and is a favorite of Ryan Walker.  Ryan is a smallmouth expert in southern Missouri that automatically gave the Lunch Money some street cred.  After I tied it, I started to realize that not only could this thing be a good baitfish imitation, I’m thinking it could do a heck of a job acting like a bullfrog tadpole. This could be a killer fly on Missouri farm ponds as well but we will have to wait until this spring to find out...which can't come soon enough.  I had to substitute EP fibers for laser dub but I am interested to see how it behaves in the fly tester and how it compares to a fly with the right materials.



Here is the video that I watched to help me with the step-by-step procedures.  I hope it helps you too if you decide to give this fly a try.

Timothy Towery YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB7D_7LgskA0nCUJadvZ0AQ



No comments:

Post a Comment