Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Rabbit Strip Worm Fly- Part 3- Testing

So here's how the Rabbit Strip Worm fly looked in the tester.  I have to admit that it has some pretty good action to it and I feel like a hungry largemouth would crush this thing.  I am excited to drag this fly in front of some structure and watch a bass inhale this...hopefully.



Link to unlisted YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/stM3aFYT6cE

Ryan Walker, of Ozarks Smallmouth Alliance, contacted me and shared the advice of keel weighting the hook near the eye-bend.  In the video, it shows this fly acting more like a soft-plastic worm rather than a streamer which presents an interesting conundrum: do you fish this fly like a streamer with less weight, a worm with more weight or is there a way to do both.  In my experiences, if you try to do two things at once, then neither are going to be that great.  I think a better approach would be to have keel weighted flies and ones without for both applications...but I've been wrong before.  Regardless, the worm imitating version really looks like a worm and the streamer version has really good action.



If you want to purchase this fly from Ryan, just click the link below: https://www.etsy.com/listing/830267756/whatchamacallit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment