Thursday, June 24, 2021

Articulated Double Barrel Popper Fly Tying Tutorial

I'm a sucker for any fly that has the word articulated in it's name.  It's a good looking pattern that, as Brian (the host of the video) mentions, you can size it up or down depending on your quarry.  I would also add that you could substitute some materials as well.  I don't have faux bucktail or squimpish hair available but I do have bucktail and synthetic fibers.  I also like the idea of heating the bodkin to get a better hole through the popper head.  Also, the popper head he used was squishy and the idea of pinching it to the shank with super glue between the two was pretty genius as well.  Sized correctly, this looks like it could be a GREAT pattern for chasing big, hungry largemouth bass.


Link to Flymen Fishing Co. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaIeIyLD1-KP2wBn1EPeGdg

No comments:

Post a Comment