Monday, June 14, 2021

Introducing Frontline Fly Fishing

It is an honor for me to write today's post and I mean that with the utmost sincerity.  It is an honor because I am proud to live in a city and know some folks that want to help those that help others.  Frontline Fly Fishing is a program that recognizes the fact that first responders and military veterans have experienced trauma.  It is a program which is part of the Kansas City Chapter of the Missouri Trout Fisherman's Association.   This trauma can be life-changing and sometimes make life challenging.  The mission of Frontline Fly Fishing is to improve the quality of life for first responders and military veterans through fly fishing related activities.  Those activities include fly fishing outings, fly tying sessions, and fly rod building.  

Later this week, I will share an interview that I conducted with Greg Davison, a committee chairman with Frontline Fly Fishing.  It will go into some more of the details about the program, but if you want to join the program or know of someone that would benefit from being a part of Frontline Fly Fishing, it is easy to join.  All someone would need to do is to attend the meetings and join the Kansas City Chapter of the Missouri Trout Fisherman's Association.  The cost of membership is only $15.  Meetings information is located below. 

Second Tuesday of Every Month

Disabled American Veterans building at 14605 US 40 Highway in Kansas City, Missouri 

6:00 PM

There is a restaurant in the building and you can grab something to eat before the meeting if you would like.  

Third Tuesday of Every Month

Rainbow Fly Shop at 4621 Shrank Dr. in Independence, Missouri.  

5:00 PM

Matt, the owner of Rainbow Fly Shop, will be grilling prior to the meeting so come hungry to this!

It is also an honor to announce that I was recently asked to create and manage the social media for the group.  I couldn't say no when asked because it felt like the least I could do to give a little back to those that give so much.  Aside from actually doing something to show my appreciation for these people, they let me give myself a pretty sweet title.  Folks, you're looking at the Minister of Social Media for Frontline Fly Fishing.  I'll be signing autographs pretty much anywhere and everywhere.  If you would like to give Frontline a follow on social media or if you have any ideas for what I can do to improve the account, please feel free to let me know.  I am open to ideas and suggestions.  You can either search up Frontline Fly Fishing on the platforms or click on the links below.


No comments:

Post a Comment