Tuesday, June 22, 2021

I Flossed a Largemouth Bass

I went out to a local neighborhood pond yesterday because it was nice and I needed to feel a little success on the water.  If you read yesterday's post, you get what I mean.  If you didn't read it, you didn't really miss out on anything.  While fishing, I was reminded that you just never know what is going to happen on the water.  Specifically, I never expected to floss a largemouth bass.  What is flossing a fish you may wonder?  I'll let the video explain it.


I actually did this with a few trout in Wyoming last summer.  I was fishing a hopper and dropper rig and sometimes the fish would strike at the top fly and either miss it or spit it out.  When I set the hook, the line would go through the fish's mouth and the second fly would hook them in the corner of the mouth.  Specifically, Mark, a guide with Grand Fishing Adventures near Jackson Hole, Wyoming, explained how this happened to me.  I thought it was a funny term but never expected it to happen again especially with a strike indicator and 1/80 ounce jig!

Link to YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/theshowmeflyguy

No comments:

Post a Comment