Monday, June 21, 2021

Feeling a Little Lost

I get this feeling every year at about this time.  Don't get me wrong, this is no cry for help or some sort of existential meltdown.  The topic is still fly fishing.  

I feel a little lost at this time of year because it seems like the fishing is hitting a little bit of a lull.  Vegetation is filling in along the banks.  Bass are post spawn.  The air and water temps are getting to uncomfortable values for the fish and humans.  I've had my fill of bluegill on a fly.  I just don't really know what to do with myself during this part of summer.  

Now let's not have a pity party for the old Fly Guy.  I'm going to pull out the bass popper box and maybe hit a farm pond to give me the boost I need.  I think the wipers are close to chasing bait to the surface on calm evenings in my parts too.  I also have some unfamiliar lakes that I am wanting to give a try so there's a plan to pull myself up by the wading sandals!  If anyone else ever hits a point like this during the fishing season or has additional suggestions on good fishing prospects, I would love to read your thoughts in the comments section.  

No comments:

Post a Comment