Thursday, August 25, 2022

Potential Missouri Trout Slaying Fly?


I like flies that catch fish!  (Don't we all?)  I like flies that are easy to tie and catch fish even more!  That why I go pretty excited when I ran across a simple fly the other day that looks effective.  I saw the fly on Facebook and it really caught my attention.  It was tied on a jig hook, was white, and fuzzy.  It was NOT a glow ball or egg imitation.  I recognized the material immediately as the same stuff that I tie mega worms with.  If you go to Hobby Lobby, you can find it in the yarn section and I think it is called baby blanked wool or something like that.  Anyway, there was no tail and it appeared that the material had just been wrapped/palmered around the hook.  I had to give this fly a shot!

I have to say, it looks like it will do well on Lake Taneycomo as well as our Missouri Trout Parks.  It looks a little like a few things but not exactly like one thing.  Alright fine, its going to look like fish guts in the water, but it could resemble other things too...maybe.  I like flies like that are versatile!  I think that makes them just fishy enough for a trout to eat just because it thinks it is supposed to.  I did find that I needed to trim the material between the shank and the point to make sure that I could hook a fish it if bit.  Other than that, it's about as easy as a San Juan worm!  Good luck if you tie a few up and I wish you even better luck if you try it out on the water.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment