Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Bennett Springs Fishing Report- Sunday

After a day of struggling to catch fish due to poor conditions, Busch and I greeted Sunday morning with optimism.  Improving conditions held the chance of a good morning.  The water had dropped, cleared, and slowed down significantly.  The best luck we had came in the same place as the previous day; downstream from the bridge at the end of zone 1 and on the east side of the stream.  We probably caught 40 fish between us that ranged in size from "hatchery escape artists" to a 14" brown that Busch caught.  I also employed the services of my oldest son's Kylo Ren action figure from Star Wars.  He always gets a kick out of these pictures and other folks seem to as well.

In the end, I was extremely glad that Busch and I waited out the tough conditions and made the most of what we had.  While the fishing on Saturday was tough, it was also memorable and the fish we caught were greatly appreciated.  Sunday's fishing was just unbelievable and will be referred to as "one of those mornings" for years to come.  Most importantly however was that I got to spend time with a wonderful friend and shared A LOT of laughs along the way.  I hope you had fun too buddy!











1 comment:

  1. You and Kylo have always been close. Glad you got to spend some time with him.

    ReplyDelete