Friday, April 21, 2017

Woodard Rod Company


You might have noticed that there is another advertisement up on the site but in case you haven't, Woodard Rod Company has recently been added to the roster of supporters.  This company is especially important to me because it is an upstart business that is 100% American made.  It has meant a lot to me since I found out about them from my buddy Robert (@HopOnTheRiver) joined their Pro Staff and informed me about the company.  There was also a post about them when the company was trying to procure start-up funds.  It would be accurate to say that this company is in the process of "growing up" and it has been pretty fun to watch.  With that being said, I have been fortunate enough to become a bigger part of the company than just an outside observer.

Thanks to Robert, I have been named a Woodard Rod Company Ambassador.  What this means is that you will be hearing more about products that the company is offering in the future and updates on the growth of the company.  To show that I am putting my money where my mouth is, I have recently preordered the newest fly rod that Woodard is offering Pinnacle Series Rod that is a 8'6" midflex four weight rod.  I will be writing a full review after I receive the rod test it out on the water a little.  This will be my first four weight rod so I am guessing that I will be testing it out on bluegill, stocker trout, as well as crappie and smaller bass.


I am sure you will realize this on your own because you are so smart and handsome, but this is an Arkansas-based company and this is a Missouri-based blog.  To that I would say, you're right.  In response, I would retort with the idea that Missouri and Arkansas share bodies of water, species of fish, football and fishermen.  With that in mind, I am willing to bend the rules for our friends to the south.  After all, we gave them a basketball coach (Mike Anderson) and they let us come catch their BIG brown trout.  By the way, we get the better end of this deal but a verbal contract is legal binding in both Missouri AND Arkansas...maybe.  Don't take that as fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment