Thursday, August 3, 2017

Joe Cermele- A Good Guy & an Interesting Article


If you are a frequent reader of this site, you have probably noticed that I am a fan of all the things that Joe Cermele of Field & Stream does.  His articles on the Field & Stream website are insightful and thought provoking.  He also hosts an online show called Hook Shots which can also be found on the Field & Stream website.  While the show usually takes place in some pretty exotic places, Joe is always down to earth, upbeat, and pretty handy with a fly rod.  On a whim, I decided to send Joe a message via Facebook to express my appreciation for what he does and to encourage him to keep up the good work.  No, I'm not a stalker!  I just wanted to do something nice so back off with those crazy thoughts!  Anyway, to my shock and amazement, he replied to my message about 5 minutes later.



We had a short conversation and he could not have been a nicer guy!  He was grateful for the kind words and happy to hear from a fan.  He informed me that the Facebook Page for Hook Shots was created in order to connect with fans.  He also stated that he is just a guy that loves to fish and was fortunate enough to land a cool job that is a part of the fishing community.  He was exactly what you would hope a celebrity would be like.  I just wanted to pass that along to everyone so that everyone knows that he is a good guy that is appreciative of his fans and easy to relate to.  And for good measure, he told me that he has actually checked out this very in the past!  He said that the work on the blog was good and that posts were consistent.  That was a pretty big compliment in my opinion and greatly appreciated from someone that I respect so much!



With that in mind, I wanted to pass along an interesting article that Joe recently wrote.  After reading it, I immediately started to wonder how effective this pattern would be at places like Missouri trout parks and Taneycomo.  I might also be a killer bluegill pattern as well for that matter.  Take a look for yourself and maybe give the Green Weenie a try next time you are on trout water.  All of the links for Hook Shots, the Hook Shots Facebook page, and the aforementioned article can be found below.  I also included an instructional tying video that I found on YouTube.

Hook Shots Homepage: http://www.fieldandstream.com/hook-shots

Hook Shots Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fshookshots/

Article Link: http://www.fieldandstream.com/use-green-to-snag-huge-trout


Another Tying Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4T0qEL3ryY

No comments:

Post a Comment