Thursday, August 17, 2017

Repairing a cork handle

Since the last couple of posts have been for folks that might be new to fly fishing, here is an interesting read for all you veterans and experts.

This article could not have shown up at a better time!  I noticed the other day that I have worn out some of the cork on a five weight rod.  It is located where my pointer finger goes when I am fishing.  In other words, it is where I pinch line between the cork and my finger.  Honestly, it is a wonder that I haven't worn that spot down on MORE rods.  After reading this article, I think I have a winter project to help shore up some grips on some rods.  I hope you find it as thought provoking and interesting as I did!


Link: http://www.fieldandstream.com/repair-your-cork-grip-in-4-easy-steps

No comments:

Post a Comment