Monday, August 14, 2017

Temporary Changes, New Survey, Fly Contest, & New Pictures on "Show Me Fish" Page

Temporary Changes
For those of you that don't know, I am a middle school science teacher.  This blogging gig doesn't pay the bills (it actually doesn't generate any income...yet), so until that sweet, sweet internet money starts rolling in, I will stomp out ignorance on a daily basis and help today's youth attempt to understand how the world around us works.  With that in mind, the next month is my busiest time of year.  I tell you that because if you notice a lack of original content, it is because the bulk of my time will be spent getting to know students, grading homework, and getting back into the "work" routine.  With that in mind, I will continue to post every morning, Monday through Friday, so please keep coming back as that WILL NOT CHANGE.  You just might see few fishing pictures, stories, and videos from yours truly...which might be a good thing!

New Survey
I put up a new survey (way overdue) on the right column of this page.  You can probably find it just below the advertisement.  It can be a little tricky to find so I hope you are able to vote.

Fly Contest
A week ago I announced a contest in which I am wanting to give away some flies that I have been experimenting with.  These flies are intended to be used on Missouri trout park water.  I will not be on a trout stream for the foreseeable future so I would like to give these flies away to someone that WILL be on the water.  All I ask is that you let me know how they worked and some positive/constructive feedback.  Since I didn't receive any emails last week, we are moving into sudden death.  I will give a half dozen flies to the first person that emails me and a half dozen to the second person that emails me.  Just let me know you want to try the flies out and give me an address that I can send them to.  Your email address will not be shared with any other parties.  My email address is showmeflyguy@gmail.com.  Here's a picture of some of the color combinations that I have been playing with in regards to this pattern.


New Pictures
I have added some new pictures to the "Show Me Fish" page.  If you want to see some pretty fish, big fish, and big smiles on happy peoples' faces, please check it out.  If you want to add a picture to the page, just shoot me an email with our picture, where you caught it, and what your first name is.  Here's my email address: showmeflyguy@gmail.com.

If you made it this far and read all of my nonsensical rambling, here's a funny video as a reward.  You earned it.  I don't know about you, but I have either said or thought 99% of all these musings at some point on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment