Thursday, March 4, 2021

Carpenter Brothers Fly Rods' New Website

Cris Carpenter is a heck of a dude.  He is a husband, father, and educator.  He is also a heck of a bamboo rod builder!  Cris has been building rods for years and has honed his craft to what I would call perfection.  Everything that puts into a rod is done with thought and purpose and he never misses a single detail.  These rods are pieces of art which only matches their function on the water.  Due to the increase in popularity of fly fishing over the last year, Cris has been busy building and selling rods all over the United States.  He has also come out with a reel he designed as well.  As if that wasn't enough, he also recently developed a website to show off his work and to allow people to make inquiries about his work and place orders with him.  I have included his phone number, email, and website below.  If you decide to purchase one of his rods, you will not be disappointed.  I can speak to that because I own one.

Mobile: 816.769.7961

Email: criscarpenter@comcast.net

Link: https://www.carpenterflyrods.com/

I have spent some time in Cris's shop and learned a lot about building bamboo rods a couple of summers ago. We split bamboo, sanded down parts and even attached guides. I found a new appreciation for not only what he does but how he does it. Through a generous benefactor that shall remain nameless, and to my utter shock, I was gifted one of Cris's rods. Aside from the custom tube, and hand-stitched sock, the rod itself can only be described as flawless. When you hold the rod, you can almost feel the hours of hard work that were poured into it. When I cast it for the first time, it was almost as if I finally realized what a real fly rod was supposed to feel like. That is the best way that I can describe using his creation.  Even if you are not in the market for such a rod, please take a moment just to appreciate what fine work he does.

 











No comments:

Post a Comment