Monday, March 29, 2021

Mason's First Fish at a Trout Park


For my final Roaring River post, I wanted to share that my oldest son caught his first trout at a Missouri trout park!  He caught it near the spring on a small jig under a float.  On top of that, he said he wanted to give trout a try and decided to keep the fish.  He's one of those weirdos that likes to eat fish.  Did I mention that I hate to eat fish and I find both their taste and consistency to be unpleasant.  Anyway, the little guy wanted to eat his fish so it felt like the perfect opportunity to show him how to clean and cook his fish as well.  

It was a pretty simple recipe.  We stuffed the body cavity with butter and sprinkled it with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.  We also smothered it in Italian dressing prior to wrapping it in aluminum foil and throwing it on the grill.  It was a great experience and he really liked the fish too!  He liked his fish so much, he ate the one that I kept as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment