Monday, January 10, 2022

Hosting a Tying Event at Diddy's Kitchen BBQ and Brewery in Kearney, Missouri




That's right!  Yours truly will be hosting an event at Diddy's Kitchen, BBQ, and Brewery in Kearney, Missouri.  I'm lucky enough to have some good buddies that talked the idea up with the owner (who's a very cool guy) as well as enough passionate outdoors folks that want to see this happen.  And while I have never put on this type of event before, I feel confident that I can pull this off so here are some details.

The event will take place on Sunday, January 23.  It will take place either before or after, hopefully, a Chiefs playoff game.  There will be two tying groups that get to tie and they will be tying 1/32 ounce crappie jigs.  I chose crappie jigs because they are easy to tie and I'm not sure how many folks in the Kearney area fly fish.  On the other hand, I do know that there are plenty of folks in the area that like to crappie fish.  There are also some folks that like to fish at Missouri trout parks and Lake Taneycomo.  I figure if someone can tie a crappie jig, they can scale down the proportions and whip up some trout jigs that could be thrown on fly rods or ultra light spinning rods.

The event will last a couple of hours and I hope to have two separate groups working on flies for one hour each.  Vises, hooks, tools, and materials will be provided so you won't have to bring a thing.  There will be a fee in the 5-10 dollar range, and I will be able to accept credit cards or cash.  I will also have flies, boxes, assortments, and other things to purchase as well.  In terms of food and drinks, Diddy's makes both and makes them well!  If you have any questions or suggestions about anything at all, please feel free to email me at showmeflyguy@gmail.com.  I hope to see you at Diddy's on January, 23!

No comments:

Post a Comment