Friday, November 11, 2016

Best Fishing Scenes From Movies (That I Could Find Clips For)

This is NOT a top ten list by any means because of the following reasons:

1. There are 12 videos.
2. I couldn't find clips for all the videos I wanted.
3. Top 10 lists are arbitrary at best and assembled for the sole purpose to spawn debate and arguments.  I've got enough stress in my life and I don't need to have arguments online about whether "the stinky fish in the car scene" from Grumpy Old Men should have been number 5 instead of number 6.

On another note, why aren't there more good fishing movies or parts of movies that have good fishing scenes?  Almost everyone can relate to fishing in the sense that most people have at least been exposed to fishing a little bit.  I guess it is just evidence that Hollywood doesn't get us awesome, simple, and down to Earth Midwesterners.

STRONG DISCLAIMER!  PLEASE READ PRIOR TO WATCHING CLIPS.
While I pride myself on this site being pretty close to G-Rated, there are a few curse words tossed around in some of the clips.  Proceed with caution.  I tried to weed out the naughty words and this is the best I could come up with.

Jaws- We're going to need a bigger boat



On Golden Pond- Catching Walter



A River Runs Throught It- Paul's monster rainbow


Cast Away- spearing a fish


Star Wars Episode I- there's always a bigger fish


The Assassination of Jesse James- shooting trout through the ice


Jurassic World- using a great white for ba


Godfather II- Fredo getting killed


The Perfect Storm- catching fish in the sun and calm water


Life of Pi- flying fish


Grumpy Old Men- stinky fish in the car


The Old Man and the Sea- need I say more?


Other movies that I couldn't find the right clips for:
Happy Gilmore- Caddy brings up a fish in his teeth after jumping in a golf course pond.
Great Outdoors- when the guys fall asleep in a boat and wake up cover in the leeches they were using as bait.
Lethal Weapon- when the guys bring a shark on the boat that they hooked.
The Edge- when Anthony Hopkins' character uses part of a pocket watch chain to attract trout in a mountain stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment