Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Rio- How To Series

I have heard about soft hackles.  I have soft hackles in my fly boxes.  I can even tie a few soft hackle patterns.  But truth be told, I had no idea how to fish a soft hackle until I watched this video.  Sure, I have had a few people give me some incomplete tips like, "Oh, it's easy.  Just cast it out, swing it, then give it a few twitches."  What kind of advice is that?  It's like telling an astronaut that is asking how to power the space shuttle, "Hey buddy, it's not that hard.  Just prime the engines, build up some heat, and ignite the old oxygen."  But then I watched this video and I feel like a pro.  Again, to be honest, I always feel like a pro right before I fail at something.

On a serious note, I am really looking forward to this series of videos.  While I love the "Find Your Water" videos from Redington for all of their variety and beauty, Rio has done an amazing job in presenting usable and instructional information in this video.  I will definitely be fishing soft hackles more in the future now that I know how to use them...and since I am basically a pro now!

No comments:

Post a Comment