Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Nerf Dart Poppers

I was on Facebook a few days ago and ran across a post that really grabbed my attention.  It was posted in the Bass on the Fly group by a gentleman named Tom.  What caught my eye was how he showed some pictures of a bass popper that had a foam head that was unlike any type of head I had seen before.  The foam was of a consistency that I had never seen on a popper before but somehow the texture and color looked familiar.  That's when I finally saw that the foam came from a Nerf dart.

Whether you have kids or not, you probably know what I'm talking about.  The darts that Nerf guns shoot come in a variety of colors and diameters.  I find darts laying all around my home and some folks in the group have said they find them laying on the ground around their neighborhoods.  If you don't run across one in your travels, you can probably find a new package of them wherever toys are sold.  The point is, they are plentiful and inexpensive.  I really like flies that repurpose substances and use things that aren't traditional tying materials. 

Tom told me that I could use some of his pictures and they are located below.  You should also head over to his blog that he has to check out more details on thy fly along with other content.  He seems like a really knowledgeable guy with a creative side.  Links below are to his post about this fly and to the homepage of his blog.  


Link to Re-No Direction Blog: https://re-nodirection.blogspot.com/?m=0

Instagram- @re_nodirection





No comments:

Post a Comment