Friday, April 24, 2020

Hareline Bling Strips- Part 3

Today's post is the final installment of my series on tying with Harline Bling Strips.  Here are some links to other posts if you need to catch up.






Today you will see a fly that is tied with a Hareline Bling Strip being used as a tail (zonker syle if you will).  It is being used in a similar fashion to the fly from yesterday but today I show how to use a complex twist as the body of the fly.  This gives the fly bulk and body without a lot of additional weight.  It also gives it some muted flash.  One of these days I will enter my "flash, flash, can't have enough flash" phase, but I'm not there yet.  To me, subtle flash is good flash...for now.  I don't have a name for this fly but the name "Complex Zonker" comes to mind.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at showmeflyguy@gmail.com.  

























No comments:

Post a Comment