Friday, May 28, 2021

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend means a few different things to different people.  To some, it means a nice break from the stresses of work.  To others, it means honoring those from the military that gave their lives for our country.  To others still, it holds a broader purpose and that is to remember loved ones that have passed before us.

At some point during Memorial Day, I try to make it an effort to think of both those that served as well as friends and family that I miss.  I think of my Uncle Claude that served in World War II and Uncle Bill that served in the Korean War.  I also think a lot about my Grandma and Grandpa Mason.  They were special people that taught me a lot and I remember our time on the water as much as any memory.  So regardless of what you do this weekend, I hope you are able to spend some time cherishing and honoring the memory of those that we have lost.  If you can, thank a service member, lay a wreath at a cemetery, or maybe fish a little and relish the memories of those that made an impact on your life.  



1 comment: