Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Potential Missouri River Kayaking Trip

I'm planning a short kayaking trip on the Missouri River from Chouteau Riverfrtont Park to LaBenite Park.  Both are in the Kansas City, Missouri area.  This would be my first attempt kayaking the Missouri River but there are some things I like about this plan.  First of all, it appears to be a pretty short trip.  I can't figure out the total distance between the the parks, but I have read about other trip that cover a considerably longer distance but only take a half day.  Also, both parks are located on the south side of the river so it looks like I won't have to cross the river.  I am not an advanced kayaker but I have a few years worth of experience.  Has anyone ever paddled this stretch?  I would also readily take any advice on what to expect while kayaking the Missouri River as well before I give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment