Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Fishing Last Night & Fishing Today


I apologize for the short post today but I'm on my way out the door to go fishing.  I'm not sure where I'm going but that's the exciting part.  It will either be Legacy Lake in Lee's Summit, Missouri, or Pleasant Hill Lake in Pleasant Hill, Missouri.  As for the fishing last night, Wendy, Waylon, and I headed to Watkins Mill State Park.  She caught redear, bluegill, bass, and a hybrid striped bass to complete the NoMo Slam.  She caught everything on a standard jig about 18 inches under a strike indicator.  I caught a few bluegill and a hybrid striped bass on white wooly buggers on a tandem rig.

I'll have a report of today's events on tomorrow's post but there's more than just fishing on the agenda today.  I'm also going to Rainbow Fly Shop to pick up a new reel for the Orvis Clearwater rod that I picked up last week so that's pretty exciting as well.  I'll be posting about that in the future as well.  As always, thanks for reading and I promise there will be better content tomorrow.  For now though, I'm burning daylight and there are fish to catch!









No comments:

Post a Comment