Friday, August 13, 2021

New YouTube Video- "Fly Fishing for Bass & Bluegill on a New Lake"



Link to You Tube video, "Fly Fishing for Bass & Bluegill on a New Lake": https://youtu.be/4S-zwChxmOg

This summer, I found a 25 acre lake near my home which is public water that a lot of folks don't know about.  I went there a few times as a kid but then forgot that it existed.  I decided to shoot some video to try to shed some light on how I try to find success on new water.  However, I would like for the record to reflect the fact that I got pretty darn lucky in this lake. New water is usually a puzzle that takes time to assemble. Then there are times when a puzzle only has about eight pieces that just fall into place out of simplicity. In other words, I got lucky and had a decent day…and caught it on camera. I don’t know what I did to have the stars align like this but thank you Karma, Mother Nature, and Father Time. For once, you didn’t ruin my day and I appreciate your generosity. I won’t hesitate to curse you the next time it rains on opening day of deer season or my favorite fishing spot floods on a day off though.  

Spoiler alerts: the fish start small, get a little bigger, Waylon (my dog) gives some comedy relief, and a natural hybrid makes an appearance.  I started off using a 1/80 ounce jig and then switched to a streamer to make things a little more fun and challenging.  The jig that I used is called a Standard and the wooly I used was an olive and white color combination.  Those flies can be found at my Etsy store.  At the end, there is a short PSA about Frontline Fly Fishing.  If you would like to learn more about becoming a member or volunteering, feel free to go to frontlineflyfishing.org for more information.  As with all the videos, I hope this one educates and entertains.  

Link to You Tube video, "Fly Fishing for Bass & Bluegill on a New Lake": https://youtu.be/4S-zwChxmOg

No comments:

Post a Comment