Monday, August 30, 2021

My Hunting and Fishing Cabin

 

I'm a pretty lucky guy and I was reminded of that fact on Sunday afternoon.  You see, there are about 250 acres worth of farmland that has been in our family for probably 100 years now.  Some of it was owned by my great grandfather and has been passed down through generations.  Sitting on 80 acres is a small cabin.  It's my cabin.  While it isn't very big, doesn't have electricity, and doesn't have any running water, it's mine and I love it.  

I hadn't visited the cabin since April and was anxious to see what condition it was in.  I was especially scared to see if I had a rodent or reptile problem inside the cabin.  To my surprise, the only issue was that a portable hunting blind that my oldest son and I built had blown over.  That was it!  My neighbor is kind enough to mow around the cabin so that helps too.  I had some weeds growing up in the fire pit and around the wood pile but that wasn't major.  I have an outhouse that I need to haul off because it has become a haven for critters and is falling apart.  I will get to that this fall when the crops are out of the fields.  

So I got lucky and my little corner of the world ended up being fine thank goodness.  I can't wait to spend more time up there this fall with Wendy, Collin, Mason, and Cody.  It's a nice place for fun and relaxation.  I was also able to do some fishing with Waylon on Sunday as well which I will post about tomorrow.  Here are some pictures of my little place.











I forgot to mention, I have some hornets that need to be dealt with but a little spraying should take care of that!



No comments:

Post a Comment