Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Farm Pond Fishing with the Boys


Following Saturday night's excursion to Watkin's Mill, I took the boys and Waylon up to a family friend's pond on Sunday.  This is a beautiful place that I have had the pleasure to visit for over a decade now and it is a pleasure to share it with those that I love.  The boys had as much fun playing in the water as Waylon and we caught a few fish as well.  The fishing was a little slower than it usually is, but we still caught a few.  They were all caught on pumpkin and chartreuse soft plastic worms.  Cody even caught his second fish of his life without any help.  The funny thing was, his first fish that he caught independently came from the same lake, on the same lure, along the same shore a year ago.  I threw some woolies and poppers but didn't have any takers.  I ended up boating about 6 bass but watching my dog and sons enjoy the outdoors was the real highlight of the day!







No comments:

Post a Comment