Friday, September 10, 2021

I’m Going to Make a License Plate Fish Silhouette!


I want to make one of these!  I have seen some variations types of license plate fish on social media and at fly shops, and I have decided that I am going to try to make my own.  Of course, with my creation I am planning on going a slightly different route with a heavy...let's just say...Missouri influence.  What I am struggling with is the methods that I will employ to make my creation.

I did what many logical thinkers would do in a situation like this where I need a plan for something and I don't know where to start.  I went to YouTube.  This is what I found. 

Alley Picked YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnS-JZR34mTY4MrHTKgJFBw

That was pretty darn helpful and I am definitely going to use some of the ideas.  However, I am leaning towards using a digital projector to shoot the image onto the wood and license plates.  This way, I can make my fish any species or size that I want.  Another obstacle that I have is that I have NEVER worked with metal before.  Cutting, filing, and potentially shaping metal is all foreign to me.  I ended up buying some metal snips that I am hoping can cut through a license plate.  I'm also thinking about having the wood cut out behind the license plates slightly smaller so it cannot be seen which will hopefully make the license plates stand out more.  I will post again in the coming weeks and share how things went....for the better or worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment