Wednesday, September 22, 2021

My Buddy Corey's New Boat


My buddy Corey just got a brand new boat and my goodness is it a beauty.  Lowe really produced a quality watercraft here and I'll be honest, this is the most beautiful Lowe I have ever seen.  It has plenty or room and space for add-on's and extras.  From the graphics on the side to the seats, it is thoughtful quality that was worth the wait.  It took a couple of months for Corey to get it from the factory because so many things are in short supply because of the pandemic.  There is also the fact that more people are spending time on the water and buying boats.  Corey has wanted something like this for years and his reasons are very thoughtful.

First, Corey wants to be able to spend time on the water with friends and family.  He wants to take kids tubing as well as friends fishing.  One could say that it is a vessel for sharing.  Pun intended.  He also told me that while he is paying the bill for the boat, he wants others to enjoy it as much as he will.  Second, Corey wanted a tool that could perform multiple functions.  He wants to catfish, crappie fish, and yes, even fly fish out of the boat...which brings me to a final point.  Yes, you can fly fish out of a boat.  This is one of the most commonly asked questions that I received in regards to fly fishing and yes, you can absolutely do that!  You might not look like a guy wading in a Rocky Mountain trout stream, but you can pull it off.  My only caution to those attempting to fly fish out of a boat like this is be prepared for your fly line to catch on EVERYTHING because it will!

You will definitely be reading more about Corey's boat in the future.  I am extremely happy for him and glad that he has something that he was wanted for a long time.  The fact that he wants to share it with others so badly only makes him more deserving of such a fine piece of engineering.  




No comments:

Post a Comment