Thursday, September 9, 2021

Stripping Buckets

 

Most problems can be solved by visiting a home improvement store!  Sometimes, you can find solutions to problems that you didn't even know you needed to solve!  For example, I have recently been fighting a battle with managing loose fly line in my small boat.  It gets wrapped around everything from shoes to paddles and with Waylon joining me on most outings, it is inevitable that he is going to get tangled in it too.  Well enter a couple of $5 Lower's buckets to solve the problem.  I think the small bucket will work well to strip line into while I am seated and the larger bucket will work well for when I am standing.  I think I can also place it on my seat and strip line into it depending on the angles of where I am casting and where other obstacles are in the boat.  

Please do not take this as an original idea.  I saw some guy using a 5 gallon bucket on Instagram the other day and stripping fly line into it.  I just borrowed the idea.  However, I have to say that the addition of some pretty sweet stickers have changed these buckets from just being buckets into fly fishing equipment.  I also think the buckets will help in other capacities as well.  Trash, tackle, and gear can easily fit into them and will allow for easy transport from my truck to the boat.  Also, the smaller bucket fits into the bigger one which will take up less space.  I will let you know how they work in the coming weeks, but I am optimistic that these will be useful beyond the task of just gathering excess fly line.


No comments:

Post a Comment