Thursday, September 16, 2021

One Weird Fishing Lure!


As I mentioned in Monday's post, Wendy and I made it down to the Lake of the Ozarks last weekend.  If there is one thing that I can safely say about the Lake of the Ozarks, it is that you will see the unexpected down there.  In two days, I saw two pirate ships, million dollar boats, and a mansion that had three rock climbing walls in the backyard.  I also so a pretty strange fishing lure.  The place where we rented a pontoon was selling them at the cash register and they caught by eye.  I noticed that the lure was a clear, topwater lure.  I also noticed that it was called The Lightning Bug.


My first assumption was that this little devil was battery powered and gave off a glow.  While I'm not in the market for such a thing, I still decided to take a closer look.  I found out that my preconceived notion was wrong.


Nope, no batteries needed.  However, you are going to need a few fireflies to stuff down into the lure.  I'm thinking about 10 would do it, but then again, I'm not a Lightning Bug lure expert.  Oh the things you see at the Lake of the Ozarks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment