Friday, September 24, 2021

License Plate Fish Silhouette Update


So I have started working on my license plate fish silhouette and things are coming along slowly.  If you would like to read the previous post, just click here.  I decided to mock the project up by taping some plates to a piece of plywood.  I then took the board to school and projected the image that I want onto the plates.  I chose a bass because I have some brown trout and rainbow trout already hanging on the wall.  I also catch more bass per year than any other species too.  

Next, I really had to play around with the image.  I plan on bolting the plates to the board so I had to work around the holes in the plates.  I also didn't want to waste any plates by just using a small piece of one so that made things trickier as well.  I finally ended up with something that I was happy with and removed the plates from the board.  I then traced out the image onto the wood.  I have included images of each step in case you want to complete a similar project or just need a visual example.

My next steps will include cutting out the wooden silhouette, attaching the plates, and then cutting them just a little bigger than the board so that I can hammer the plates around the edges.  My hope it is give it a wrapped appearance, but we will see how that turns out!  Stay tuned for more posts.





No comments:

Post a Comment