Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Back at Diddy's on Sunday, March 6


We had such a good time and so many people show up to our last event at Diddy's, they invited us back!  Last time, we tied crappie jigs on 1/32 ounce jigs.  This time, we are tying my favorite jig of all time!  This John Deere jig has caught everything from 4 pound bass, to 20 inch grass carp, to 5 pound channel catfish.  It has caught brown trout, rainbow trout, hybrid striped bass, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and white bass.  You can throw it on a spinning rod or a fly rod.  What I'm trying to say is that it is one heck of a fly!  It imitates a small minnow and almost anything will eat a small minnow.

If you're not into tying a jig, there is another option for you!  I will have premade fly boxes that will be lined with foam and ready for you to customize.  You will select an image (or freehand if you have some artistic ability), transfer the image to the box using carbon paper or a pencil, and then burn the image into the box with a wood burning tool.  I have made a few of these myself and will be able to give you some helpful pointers so that you end up with the best product possible.

If the image above does not answer all of your questions, please feel free to email me!  My email address is showmeflyguy@gmail.com.  



No comments:

Post a Comment