Thursday, February 17, 2022

Generous Gifts from my Buddy Corey


A few weeks ago, there was a post on this blog about a can koozie that my buddy Corey had made for me.  I also attempted to share how good of a friend he is to me and how generous he is as well.  Well, leave it to him to just keep heaping on the kindness and generosity.  He's just so darn nice and thoughtful.

First, he surprised me with a leather glass koozie that had the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch Y.  This thing just looks freaking cool!  It's a great conversation piece and gets recognized by a lot of folks due to the popularity of the show, Yellowstone.  Next, he went and made me a blanket!  I knew he ran across this pattern recently while working on another project but I never imagined that he was going to turn it into something for me.  The print is a pattern of bird dogs and as you can see in the pictures, Waylon approves of the cover.  

He also modified a frame and threw in a picture of us from our bird hunt back in early January.  He included one of my shotgun shells and a feather from one of the birds that we harvested.  Finally, he gifted me some of his electrician skills and installed a new hanging light fixture.  This was not an easy task either.  If you have ever tried to hang things on a wall or change a light fixture above stairs, this is not for the faint of heart.  

There are few things that impact our lives more than family and friends.  Close family and friends mean even more and can be hard to find.  Corey is one of those people for me and I could not appreciate his friendship more.  I know he would be there for me if I needed him as he has proven that before as well.  Everyday that we get to spend with friends and family is a blessing.  We get to make impacts on their lives in a way we might not ever fully comprehend and they do the same for us.  Now, if you will excuse me, I have about three dozen flies to go tie for Corey with isn't even close to what I owe him to make us even.  Maybe if I make them all articulated streamers then that gets us a little closer?!?!
















No comments:

Post a Comment