Tuesday, February 8, 2022

I Am Telling You, This Fly Works

Link to The Standard: https://www.etsy.com/listing/768151207/the-standard-trout-fly-bluegill-fly

I recently had the fortune of fishing on Lake Taneycomo.  I got to wade up by the dam in the trophy area and throw a fly.  It was a little slow and I didn't see or catch the numbers of fish that I am used to, fortune did smile on me.  Between my buddy Gil and I (mostly Gil), we ended up catching over ten fish.  Gil caught all of his on The Standard which was a little bit of a shock to me.  I've caught a few fish on this on Taneycomo before but he ended up landing 8 rainbows.  That exceeds my numbers with this jig BY FAR!  This fly works well on stocked trout in lakes but also catches catfish, bass, bluegill, and crappie as well.  I keep telling folks how great this fly is but I probably sell fewer of this fly than anything else is my shop.  It's a real head scratcher but I'm going to keep pounding this drum becuase I know this is a killer pattern.  I think you would dig it too!

Link to The Standard: https://www.etsy.com/listing/768151207/the-standard-trout-fly-bluegill-fly

No comments:

Post a Comment