Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Craven's Gonga-My Final Version


I finally landed on my final version of Craven's Gonga.  I realized with my last version was looking too much like the Lunch Money that I tie.  With this in mind, I lost the countershading and went with one solid color.  I decided to go with white and olive versions for now.  I want to give a yellow one a shot but I'm missing a few materials like yellow schlappen.  I'm really happy with how these turned out and I'm excited to see how they behave in the water.  I'm even more excited to see how the fish respond to them. 

These flies were tied on a 1/0 hook and specifically a Gamakatsu B10S.  The tail is marabou, the body is a complex twist of chenille, UV chenille, and schlappen.  The eyes are large, dumbbell eyes and the head is made of Senyo's laser dub.  It will ride point-up which I almost exclusively tie flies with dumbbell eyes.  I THINK that this avoids some snags but that could just be a mental thing.  If you have any questions about this fly, please fire away.  You might also keep an eye out on the Etsy store because these flies will be available for purchase soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment