Thursday, January 5, 2023

The White Bass Box is Coming Together!

For the last couple of weeks, I have been working on building a good fly assortment to go after white bass this year.  I have some Watkin's specials, Clouser minnows, wooly buggers, and my version of a sparkle minnow.  They range from size 6 to size two and you can see that I tried to keep most of my colors in the white and olive range with some having chartreuse and some in gray as well.  I don't see how any of these could miss while chasing white bass but ultimately, this is up to the fish.  I know there will be a learning curve this year.  Learning fish patterns as well as navigating Smithville Lake will be challenging simply because it is new.  However, I am up for the challenge and know that the only way we learn and grow is through trial and error and learning from our experiences.  Come on spring!  I'm almost ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment