Monday, January 9, 2023

New Shad Fly


Over the weekend, I had the chance to play around with one of my favorite fly platforms.  I call this platform The Brave but it is basically a zonker with a marabou tail, a rabbit strip body, and a collar.  This fly has served me really well over the years and I tie this in all kinds of colors.  The profile and action of the fly is outstanding and has resulted in some memorable catches that have ranged from big largemouth to 8 pound hybrid stripers.  For the fly pictured above, I attempted to give it a color combination that was shad-like.  I've been studying shad colors and profiles lately as I am really wanting to chase some white bass on Smithville lake this year.  I think this color and size could be really productive but I guess we are going to have to wait and see how the fish respond to its presentation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment