Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Saddle Tails


I ran across a fly tying product that I have never seen before and wanted to pass it along to you.  They are called saddle tails and look like a great way to add some detail and action to a fly.  They are intended for bigger streamers and are unlike anything I have ever seen before.  They come in a couple of sizes and lots of different colors.  As you can see in the picture below, they can be used as tails or as accent pieces running down the side of a streamer.  I have not seen how they perform in the water so maybe they are just good at catching fly tyers and fly fishers...but I doubt that is the case.  If you want to purchase some of your own, just click the link below or give "saddle tails" a Google.  If you end up purchasing some and incorporating them into some flies, I would love to see them!


No comments:

Post a Comment