Tuesday, February 21, 2023

A Few Boat Customizations


Over the last few days, I have made a few improvements/modifications to my boat.  First, I installed a spare tire mount on the front of the boat.  I know that boat trailers (and all trailers for that matter) have problems with blowouts and flats.  While I already had a spare tire to be prepared for this issue, I didn't want to lug the thing around in the bed of my pickup.  I bought a mount off of Amazon for about $60 and I am really happy with how it mounted and the hardware looks like quality components.

Second, I found a Show Me Fly Guy sticker that fit perfectly on the back of the boat.  I'm not sure if it will be submerged when the boat is in the water but that will be revealed next time I take the boat out.  At least folks that are following me down the road will know who I am.

Finally, I installed another decal on the port side of the boat.  I bought the decal from a store called LetterQuote.  This store has all kinds of stickers and decals and you can view the store and its contents by clicking here or on the link below.  I chose a Kingfisher for a few reasons.  1. My grandpa Mason used to call me Kingfish.  I'm not really sure why.  He gave everyone he knew nicknames and that's what I was dubbed with for most of my childhood.  2. I also chose this image because Kingfishers are, well, birds that catch and eat fish.  3. Finally, whenever I see a Kingfisher while I am on the water, I marvel at its fishing ability while also thinking about my grandpa.  He was maybe nicest human being that I have ever encountered in my life and holds a special place in my heart.  It reminds me that while he passed away when I was a junior in high school, he will always be special to me.  Now I get to take his memory out on my boat with me every time I hit the water.

Link to LetterQuote Store on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LetterQuote




No comments:

Post a Comment