Monday, February 13, 2023

Maiden Voyage


The Kingfisher (that's what I named my little boat) made its maiden voyage yesterday and things could not have gone better.  All credit for the results go to my buddies Corey and Chris.  These buys are pretty mechanically inclined and have boating experience and I appreciated both.  The process of unloading, running the trolling motor/main motor, and loading the boat was flawlessly.  As another bonus, I didn't notice any leaks.  While I am apprehensive about doing this on my own, I feel like I learned a lot and got my first experience out of the way!  

From here, I'm not exactly sure where to go.  I know that I want to start fishing Smithville Lake and really patterning/targeting white bass, but I don't know when to start or where to focus...but that's the fun part!  Now that the boat is purchased and I know it is operational, the fun can begin!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment