Tuesday, February 7, 2023

SBS Variant in Black

 

Last night, I spent some time on the vise turning out some of these little devils.  I had some hooks that I had already attached yellow eyes on and wanted to do something a little different than what I had done in the past.  With spring rains and higher, murkier water on the horizon, I felt like an almost all black SBS variant made sense.  Bass and trout will both hold up in shallow water and ambush dark-colored prey that comes cruising by.  I figure this streamer would work on both.  It can be fished on floating, sink-tip, and full sink line and is tied on a 1/0 hook that rides point up.  Also, and I'm not exactly sure how I pulled this off, most of the flies I tied last night look mean as heck.  This fly looks like he has some sort of scowl on its face and looks ready to wrestle with some bigger fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment