Friday, February 10, 2023

I Bought a Boat!!!


If you frequent this blog, you probably saw this coming.  A couple of weeks ago, I posted about looking at a boat at Angler's Port Marine.  What I didn't mention was that I put a deposit down on a boat that day.  I didn't want to mention anything at the time because I was nervous that the deal might fall through and then I would have to explain why it didn't work out.  Last Saturday, I picked up my boat!

Let me start off by heaping as much praise on Angler's Port Marine as I possibly can.  My salesman, Cory, was funny, professional, and incredibly helpful.  The dealership was flexible with their time and did not pressure me at all.  Maybe most importantly, they worked to rectify any problems that the boat had before I could even inquire about them.  While Angler's Port is a 2 hour drive from my house, it was worth it and they have a customer for life.  No, they did not give me a price break or pay me to give them a positive review.  Everything I said is from the heart and is as honest as the day is long!

As for the boat, it's nothing flashy or fancy and that's exactly what I wanted.  I had been looking at boats for over a month now and I had a ballpark idea of what I wanted to purchase.  I wanted an aluminum boat and a bow mounted trolling motor.  I wanted a boat that was built in Missouri, if possible, and a tiller motor.  I ended up with a G3 (built in Missouri) with a 20 horse Yamaha motor (a tiller), a Minn Kota trolling motor, and aluminum (and in green which is what I REALLY wanted).  The trailer matches the boat as well which looks pretty cool.  This is a simple boat that I feel will help me dip my toe into the world of boat ownership.

To say I am excited to put this thing on the water is an understatement.  I paid my sales tax and got everything registered and licensed yesterday so I am ready to hit the water on Sunday before the super bowl.  I am hoping that I don't discover any leaks and that the motor works the way it is supposed to, but I am bracing myself for issues because, well, it's a boat and boats have issues routinely.  I will keep everyone updated on how things go but for now, I'm just excited to own a boat that is going to open up a lot of fishing possibilities for me.  Maybe I'll even do a little guiding out of it at some point as well.

I also want to thank my wife for putting up with all of the recent boat talk and for allowing me to take up so much of our garage space with the new purchase.  I know what I can be a handful sometimes and I wanted to say thank you to her for always being supportive of my endeavors.  Thank you Wendy for supporting me and putting up with all of the things that I pursue.  

2 comments: