Thursday, February 23, 2023

Good Fly Fishing Reads


Link: https://www.themeateater.com/conservation/books-and-literature/5-must-read-fly-fishing-books-to-shake-off-the-winter-blues

If you are a fan of the written word and have a passion for fly fishing, Mark Kenyon (a writer for The Meateater website) has selected a few books to help bridge the gap between less fishing now and more fishing this spring.  While I have not read any of these books, I can vouch for John Giearach.  He is one of my favorite authors and I have read more than one of his books that has fly fishing as the main subject.  So if you need some fishy stuff in your life because you don't have enough fishy stuff going on, you might lean on one of these books for solace.

2 comments:

  1. I just read "The Feather Thief" by Kirk W Johnson. While it isn't about fly fishing exactly. It's about the true crime story one one man's obsession with tying flies with feathers from extinct and protected species. It shows a lot of the coveted flies from the Victorian era that are considered the holy grail of fly tying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of that book and I've also heard it is a good read. I'm going to have to get around to reading that! Thanks for sharing and it's good to hear from you my friend!

      Delete