Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Fishing Report from Last Weekend- The Flies

Last Saturday at Liberty Park Pond in Sedalia, Missouri, these two flies caught every trout!  Between Wendy and I we probably caught 35 total fish and never needed to change flies one time!  When we arrived, I tied on a John Deere for me and a Standard for her.  I was thinking that we would eventually find one that worked better but honestly, both produced bites and landed fish at similar rates.  We fished these flies under the smallest strike indicators (fine, they're bobbers) possible.  She fished about 5 feet deep and I was probably closer to 4 feet under an indicator.  Both flies are 1/80 ounce jigs and you could fish these with a fly rod or a spinning rod.  The flies usually got hit when we let them sit completely still but a few bites came on slow and steady retrieves.  I have included a couple of pictures below in order for you to have a better idea what these flies look like if you are unfamiliar with them.




It is no coincidence that I sell both of these flies in my online fly shop on Etsy.  These flies work on trout, bass, bluegill, catfish, and crappie.  I would be happy to complete an order for you and send some your way!  There are links below that will take you to my store and I will even throw in a Show Me Fly Guy sticker at no charge.  There are other flies available as well so feel free to give the store a visit.  I can also send flies as gifts if you're looking to complete some Christmas shopping.  

John Deere- https://www.etsy.com/listing/607160068/john-deere-mini-jig-fishing-jig-fly

The Standard- https://www.etsy.com/listing/768151207/the-standard-trout-fly-bluegill-fly

Online Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheShowMeFlyGuy

No comments:

Post a Comment