Thursday, December 10, 2020

Fly Tying Season is in Full Swing

I can tell that my lack of fishing opportunities are starting to take their toll on me as I am finding myself more and more on the vise.  I don't know how many flies I have tied in the last week, but it has to be a few dozen.  Above is a picture of my current set-up and I am really enjoying it.  I have too much motivation and a lack of laziness to just sit in front of a television like a zombie anymore.  Currently, I am trying to restock the Etsy store with flies that were low in inventory.  

My next goal will be to get those numbers inventory numbers really high so I can get through most of next fishing season without having to crank out flies when I could be on the water.  With that being said, I would be happy if I were forced to lessen my inventory for those of you that need to replenish your fly box.  For those of you that already tie your own, I hope you are staying safe and cranking out some feather and fur pieces of art.  For those of you that don't, this is the perfect time to learn!  With less fishing, unpleasant weather (from time to time), and a little more time on your hands, there isn't a better time to learn a rewarding and practical skill.  There are plenty of website, YouTube videos, and Facebook pages to help get you started!

Link to Etsy Fly Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheShowMeFlyGuy

No comments:

Post a Comment