Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Unique and Creative Pieces of Art

Spoiler Alert: Yes, this does have something to do with fly fishing...I promise!

I ran across an article the other day while perusing the internet on my lunch break.  The headline was what caught my attention.  It was title "An artist transforms landscape paintings he finds on the street by adding in 'Game of Thrones' and 'Star Wars' scenes."  I found it on Yahoo (yes, that's still an operational website) and you can access the article with the link below.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/artist-transforms-landscape-paintings-finds-134700282.html

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and really enjoyed Game of Thrones while it was on the air.  With that being said, I could not have predicted the amount of joy that entered my life upon viewing this artwork.  David Sherrill is an artist from Canton, Ohio that takes simple (boring in my opinion) paintings and inserts his own humor into the scene.  Yes, we will get to the actual art in a moment, but I want you to be properly prepared before you view David's work.  Imagine what paintings look like in hotel rooms and lobbies.  You know the ones.  The ones that feature a mountain landscape, or a stream running through a forest.  Now what if someone added Freddy Krueger or Godzilla to those pictures?  Or what if two TIE Fighters were flying over that mountain scene with an X-wing chasing them?  Now that you have that vision in your head, let's see if David's work can live up to your expectations.

Here's David's homepage.

https://www.arrowheadcanton.com/


Here's the link to his altered art.  These are so good.  My personal favorites are the ones with Star Wars, Freedy Krueger, Xena, and He-Man.  

https://www.arrowheadcanton.com/altered-art


With all of that being said, this is the one I have to have!  You might have been wondering, "What does this have to do with fly fishing?"  Well kids, I present to you David's piece de resistance, a guy fly fishing with an AT-AT.  As if the print isn't good enough, read the description to the right!  I laughed until I almost cried!

https://www.arrowheadcanton.com/altered-art/imperial-walker-altered-art-print



No comments:

Post a Comment